Six months of funding brings no certainty
Monday, May 16, 2016 | Administration Officer | Comments (1)
The future is uncertain for the NTWWC with the 2016 budget providing only 6 months of funding.
NTWWC funding, which was due to end on 30 June, has now been extended until the 31st of December. Whilst we welcome the opportunity to continue to provide services to vulnerable women workers, the NTWWC is still de-funded as at the the end of this year.
There was an enormous outpouring of community support to the news that the service would be forced to close the Alice Springs office and turn away 2 out of 3 clients from July this year. Thank you to all of you who supported us.
We still need your support. The NTWWC still seeks sustainable funding for a minimum four year term so that services NT women have expected for the last 22 years can continue in 2017.
Paula Griggs commented on 24-May-2016 08:20 AM
- Diary Dates
- Membership Renewals
- Unpaid DV Leave Likely to Become a Feature of Australian Workplaces
- NT and SA WWCs saved, QLD WWC not so lucky
- When Domestic Violence Comes to Work
- NTWWC AGM 2016
- Movie fund raising event: 'The Hunting Ground'
- Six months of funding brings no certainty
- THE NTWWC SEEKS YOUR SUPPORT TO STAY OPEN
- NT Working Women's centre AGM 2015